- He graduated from his local academy of music (receiving Kricka's prize for the best graduate) and Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Brno. During his studies he became prizewinner of the International Singers Competition of M. S. Trnavsky (1998, Slovakia) and finalist of prestigious Bel Canto Competition of Feruccio Tagliavini (2002, panel of judges e.g. G. Aragall or K. Riciarelli)
- Initially, he gave a guest performance in the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc. From 2000-2004 he appeared as solo singer of The National Theatre in Brno, where he performed many figures of world's repertoire (Sarastro, Ramfis, Colline, nobleman Philip and others). Famous Czech composer Ilja Hurnik composed a one-act-opera specifically for his voice. Since Septemer 2004, he accepted an engagement at The National Theatre in Prague.
- He has cooperated with excellent orchestras and conductors in multiple countries around the world (Germany, France, Austria, Spain, Hungary or Japan). In 2003, he was invited to an Opera Festival in Cinncinati (USA) and in 2004 sang in a festival in San Sebastian (Spain), where he sang role of Tom in Fancy Dress Ball next to the notable solo singers of Metropolitan Opera.
- In 2004, he sang Dvorak's Stabat Mater in Spain and Japan. He often appears next to the opera diva Eva Urbanova, with whom he sang on the CD Christmas for Supraphon. His another recordings are e.g. Stories of fof Bystrouska (BBC) or Dvorak´s Stabat Mater (Sony Classical). He also devotes to concert activities, oratorios, cantatas (e.g. Dvorak – Stabat Mater, Rossini – Petite messe solemnele, Bach – Weihnachtsoratorium), and songs works (Cajkovskij, Musorgskij, Grieg).
- The season 2005/2006 is a break-through in the career of Zdenek Plech. In the National Theatre Prague he has performed as Ramfis in Aida and the namesake role in the opera Don Pasguale. He was a guest singer at the festival Degu in Korea with the production Don Giovanni as a part of Mozart celebrations. There, under the direction of Maestro Asher Fisch, he sings the role of Masetto as well as at the Mozart Celebrations in Stavovske Theatre Prague. Zdenek Plech has performed since 2006 in the Canadian Opera Company Toronto as the part of Oroveso in Norma, the main soprano part, is presented by Ms. June Anderson
- In December 2007 he made his debut in the Phoenix Metropolitan Opera as Colline in La bohème
- With a rich concert and oratorio repertoire, he has traveled to many countries and worked with great groups such as Germany with the Bayerische Staatsphilharmonie, France's Orchestre National de France, Japan's Gunma Symphony, England's BBC Symphony and others.
Evening of Russian Classics
Tchaikovsky, Glinka, Korsakov + piano or organ
ZDENĚK PLECH, KATEŘINA ENGLICHOVÁ - harp
ZDENĚK PLECH, KOMORNÍ ORCHESTRA QUATTRO, MAREK ŠTILEC - conductor
famous arias from operas
|Britten Albert Hering The Policeman|
|Donizetti||Don Pasquale||Don Pasquale|
|Dvořák||Kate and the Devil||Lucifer|
|Giordano||Andresa Chénier||Fouquier Tinville|
|Janáček||The Cunning Little Vixen||Lapák|
|The House of the Dead||Commandant|
|The Excursions of Mr. Broucek|
|Martinů||Comedy on the Bridge||Bedron|
|The Greek Passion||Fotis|
|Mozart||Don Giovanni||Masetto, Commander, Leporello|
|The Magic Flute||Sarastro|
|Offenbach||Tales of Hoffmann|
|Smetana||Braniboři in Bohemia|
|The Bartered Bride||Kecal|
|A Masked Ball||Tom|
|Nabucco||Sacerdote di Baal|
|La Traviata||Il Marchese|